打印

沙丘神皇 Chapter 3

沙丘神皇 Chapter 3

沙丘神皇 Chapter 3
沙丘神皇God Emperor of Dune是弗兰克·赫伯特(1920-1986)所著沙丘系列的第四本小说。全文423页,本章为第17到第18页。
译者:slhynju。

The following brief dialogueis credited to a manuscript source called "The Welbeck Fragment." Thereputed author is Siona Atreides. The participants are Siona herselfand her father, Moneo, who was (as all the histories tell us) amajordomo and chief aide to Leto II. It is dated at a time when Sionawas still in her teens and was being visited by her father at herquarters in the Fish Speakers' School at the Festival City of Inn, amajor population center on the planet now known as Rakis. According tothe manuscript identification papers, Moneo had visited his daughtersecretly to warn her that she risked destruction.

下文的简短对话来自叫做“威贝克片断”的手稿。通常认为作者是辛娜
·亚崔迪。对话双方是辛娜本人和她的父亲,芒尼奥,他是(就如所有历史告诉我们的那样)莱托的管家和首席助手。对话的日期是在辛娜十几岁的时候,她父亲来她的宿舍看她,那时她在庆典之城印城的鱼之代言人的学院里读书,印城是现在叫做拉吉斯的星球上的一个主要人口中心。按照手稿的鉴定版,芒尼奥秘密的来看女儿,警告她她在冒生命危险。

SIONA: How have you survived with him for so long a time, father? He kills those who are close to him. Everyone knows that.

辛娜:父亲,你是怎么跟着他活下来这么长时间的?他会杀掉那些和他太接近的人。每个人都知道。

MONEO: No! You are wrong. He kills no one.

芒尼奥:不!你错了。他没有杀人。

SIONA: You needn't lie about him.

辛娜:你用不着为他说谎。

MONEO: I mean it. He kills no one.

芒尼奥:我说的是真的。他没有杀人。

SIONA: Then how do you account for the known deaths?

辛娜:那你怎么解释那些大家都知道的死亡事件?

MONEO: It is the Worm that kills. The Worm is God. Leto lives in the bosom of God, but he kills no one.

芒尼奥:是沙虫在杀人。沙虫是神。莱托活在神的肉身里,但他没有杀人。

SIONA: Then how do you survive?

辛娜:那你是怎么活下来的?

MONEO: I can recognize the Worm. I can see it in his face and in his movements. I know when Shai-Hulud approaches.

芒尼奥:我能认出沙虫。我能从他的脸和动作中看出来。我知道夏胡露降临的时刻。

SIONA: He is not Shai-Hulud!

辛娜:他不是夏胡露!

MONEO: Well, that's what they called the Worm in the Fremen days.

芒尼奥:这个嘛,那是他们在弗里曼时代对沙虫的叫法。

SIONA: I've read about that. But he is not the God of the desrt.

辛娜:我读过这个。但他不是沙漠之神。

MONEO: Be quiet, you foolish girl! You know nothing of such things.

芒尼奥:安静,你个傻女孩!这个你不懂。

SIONA: I know that you are a coward.

辛娜:我知道你是个胆小鬼。

MONEO: How little you know. You have never stood where I have stood and seen it in his eyes, in the movements of his hands.

芒尼奥:你知道啥。你从来没站过我站的位置,没亲眼看过他的眼睛,他的手的动作。

SIONA: What do you do when the Worm approaches?

辛娜:当沙虫降临的时候你怎么办?

MONEO: I leave.

芒尼奥:我离开。

SIONA: That's prudent. He has killed nine Duncan Idahos that we know about for sure.

辛娜:真小心。他杀了起码九个我们认识的邓肯·艾德荷了。

MONEO: I tell you he kills no one!

芒尼奥:我跟你说他没有杀人!

SIONA: What's the difference? Leto or Worm, they are one body now.

辛娜:有什么不一样?莱托还是沙虫,他们现在是一体了。

MONEO: But they are two separate beings--Leto the Emperor and The Worm Who Is God.

芒尼奥:但他们是两个生物——莱托皇帝和沙虫之神

SIONA: You're mad!

辛娜:你疯了!

MONEO: Perhaps. But I do serve God.

芒尼奥:也许吧。但我的确在服侍神。


----------我是朴素的分割线------------
趁着周末再译一章。下一章比较长,从第19到第30页,而且星期天要上飞机,所以板上钉钉要跳票。敬请见谅。

TOP

提问:Duncan Idahos是什么?不是人名?

TOP

引用:
提问:Duncan Idahos是什么?不是人名?
邓肯·艾德荷是亚崔迪家族部下,诗人和战士。参见沙丘前三部小说。

TOP