佣兵守则
佣兵守则
一些忠告
1 If the enemy is in range, so are you.
如果敌人在你的射程之内,那么你也在敌人的射程之内。
2 Incoming arrows have the right of way.
射来的箭永远是笔直的。
3 Don't look conspicuous: it draws fire.
不要引人注意,那会惹火上身。
4 The easy way is always trapped.
最简单的方法就是诱骗。
5 Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo.
让自己看上去像个小人物,别人会放低对你的警戒。
6 Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous.
专业人士的行为是可以预见的,但业余者的行为反而更危险。
7 The enemy invariably attacks on one of two occasions:
1.When you're ready for them.
2.When you're not ready for them.
敌人总会在以下两种时机袭击你:
1.当你有准备时,
2.当你没准备时。
8 Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at.
团队协作是必要的,这让你的敌人有更多的其他目标去射击。
9 If you can't remember, the spring trap is pointed at you.
如果你不记得,那么触发的陷阱就是指向你的。
10 If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.
如果你的攻击情势很好,你可能正走进一个埋伏圈。
11 Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you.
别发火,它会惹怒你身边的人
12 only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
比来自敌人的炮火更猛烈的是来自友军的炮火。(参见英军在伊拉克战场遭遇录:)
13 If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
如果一个愚蠢的人肯于脚踏实地,那么他就不是个笨蛋。
14 When in doubt, just keep swinging..
当你怀疑时,就要坚持。
15 Never share a fox hole with anyone braver than you.
永远不要与一个比你更勇猛的人分享同一份果实(fox hole)。
16 Anything you do can get you killed. Including doing nothing.
你做的任何事都可以让你死,也包括什么都不做。
17 Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.
如果敌人很难进来的话,你也一样不能出去.
18 Traps are equal opportunity weapons.
陷阱是一种机会均等的武器。
19 A medal of honor just proves that were you smart enough to think of a plan, stupid enough
to try it, and lucky enough to survive.
一枚荣誉勋章只能证明你足够聪明地制定一个计划,并愚蠢的执行了它,但又侥幸存活了下来。
20 Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer to do anything.
永远不要是第一个,永远不要是最后一个,也永远不要无偿地做任何事。
来自:http://tower.shadowdark.org/message1.html